The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018. This legislation replaces existing data protection laws and governs how companies collect, hold and use people’s personal data.
As a leading provider of quality flooring and fitting services for domestic and commercial customers, Bramley Carpets is committed to GDPR compliance and strengthening the security and protection of its customers data.
Bramley Carpets Ltd therefore abides by the following customer data safeguarding principles:
- Only data specifically necessary for the supply and fitting of flooring to a customer’s premises will be collected and stored.
- Customer data is only stored electronically within our premises centralised accounting system and secure backup disks.
- Any printed documentation that includes customer data e.g. invoice, statement, delivery note etc. is stored centrally at our premises under lock and key.
- All printed customer documentation is professionally shredded at time of disposal.
- Our customers have a permanent right to request that all of their data be erased at any time. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact our Data Protection Officer detailed below.
- We only use customer data in the processing and fulfilment of customer orders for flooring and fitting.
Sharing Data with Third Parties-
- Bramley Carpets will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.We may share your data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments.
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders, To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- This website is hosted by Studio4 and we work closely with them to protect personal data. Studio4 Policy
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so.
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
How we protect your data-
Bramley carpets is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- Encryption of data.
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data.
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents.
- Frequent penetration testing of systems.
- Security controls which protect the entire Bramley Carpets IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access.
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
- All of our staff are familiar with the importance of GDPR and their personal responsibilities to protecting customer data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. Further information, including details is available at https://ico.org.uk/
Any questions relating to our GDPR procedures can be addressed to
GDPR Data Protection Officer, Bramley Carpets, 139 Heaton Moor Road, Stockport, SK4 4HY, 0161 432 8685 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bramley Carpets Ltd is a company registered in England with company number 3702446.